Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Protein Balls
I love snacking on these Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Protein Balls because who the hell doesn't love chocolate chip cookie dough? I made this recipe specifically for my current life right now which has been complete chaos for the last 3 weeks.
I've been living at the Cross Cancer Institute in Edmonton because my mom is sick again and I'm really sad. I haven't been following my regular diet or routine and needless to say, it's been very exhausting. Last week I had to make a quick day trip to Calgary and I had a couple hours where I was able to be in my apartment, lay in my own bed, shower in my own bathroom and meal prep in my own kitchen.
It's difficult to keep dietary habits relatively healthy when you're not at home, but I managed to make a few things to snack on and keep me going.
What I made:
· Salad dressing: This doesn't have to be kept in the fridge and finding pre-made salad mixes is super easy these days. I just added a combination of olive and avocado oil to a mason jar, along with a balance of my favourite vinegars (white balsamic, peach vinegar, apple cider) and added some salt and pepper. Just give it a shake and it's ready to go whenever you need it.
· Chocolate collagen hemp milk: Hemp milk is a great way to get in your omega 3s and collagen helps repair the gut. It's important to focus on anti-inflammatory foods when going through a period of stress and why not nourish yourself with chocolate milk?
The recipe is coming to the blog soon.. It's a new recipe I made and wasn't able to get any pictures of it before my life went up in flames. So right now it's just sitting on my dashboard waiting for pictures so it can be published.
· Grain free granola: add to salads, yogurt or eat by the handful. I made this recipe!
· Smoothie: Smoothies don't always have to be kept frozen. They can keep in the fridge for up to a few days depending on the ingredients! I find that this Power Greens Smoothie keeps well the day or two after making it.
· Protein balls for snacking on to prevent blood sugar crashes.. THESE ONES YOU'RE LOOKIN AT.
These Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Protein Balls will satisfy your sweet tooth, balance blood sugar, boost your happy hormones thanks to the chocolate, and overall keep your tummy well fed and nourished. Enjoy!
2 C almond flour
1 C coconut flour
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 C + 1tbsp maple syrup
1/4 C coconut oil
a hefty pinch of mineral salt
2 tbsp Cricket powder (I used this brand)
1/3 C semi sweet chocolate chips
In a food processor, add all of the ingredients except chocolate chips and combine until it's fully mixed and keeps its form when you squeeze it together. Add chocolate chips and quickly blitz to combine (I like when the chocolate chips are broken up a bit and I also find it easier to form into balls).
Roll into bite sized balls (makes ~30).
Will keep fresh in an air tight container up to one week non-refrigerated.